DiCentra allows competition organisers and projectionists to manage their digitally projected competitions by:
- Defining competition rules - for example choosing:
- club, inter-club or open competitions
- maximum image size
- projection background colour
- required colour space
- scoring scheme
- file and folder naming
- Assembling images from CDs or USB memory sticks including:
- checking that entries conform to the rules
- correction of image sizes and file formats, if requested
- randomising entries for projection
- creating a printable blank score sheet
- Assisting with projection including:
- showing standard patterns for setting up the projector
- fully colour managed presention of images in the selected order
- showing titles and optionally the author/club details
- adding marks, held back, certificate indications to images
- a light box view of selected images (e.g. held back) to allow selection of notable images
- slideshow of selected images
- Providing reports:
- a log of all entries including any corrections made and any rejected images
- a blank scoresheet for those who still like paper
- a printable report of the competition results and statistics
DiCentra scoring schemes include:
- any chosen marking range, e.g. 1- 10, 1-20, 6-15 etc.
- half marks and plus marks
- place marking (1st, 2nd etc)
- award of certificates and medals
DiCentra runs on Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 or Windows 98.Top
DiCentra costs £40 for photographic clubs and organisations.
The licence allows DiCentra to be used for activities organised by that photographic club or organisation on one or more computers.
The software is available for download - see below. A CD can be provided at an additional charge of £8 (not available outside UK).
|Purchase A Licence Now
Click on the button to request a licence for DiCentra.
| DiCentra Application (Current Version)
Version 3.16.179 (6 Mar 2013)
(See also .NET 1.1 Framework below)
Tutorials and the User Guide are installed when you install the application.
|Basic Installation & Quick Start Guide
.pdf format (6 Feb 2012)
If you are using Windows 7 or 8 refer to one of the documents below for installation guidance. Return to this document for help getting started with DiCentra competitions.
|Detailed Windows 7 Installation Notes
.pdf format (9 May 2011)
DiCentra runs on Windows 7. These notes give installation guidance.
|Detailed Windows 8 Installation Notes
.pdf format (27 Nov 2012)
DiCentra runs on Windows 8. These notes give installation guidance.
.pdf format (6 Mar 2013)
|DiCentra uses the Microsoft .NET 1.1 Framework.
This is needed to run DiCentra. Even if other .NET frameworks (2.0, 3.5 etc) are installed on your machine, you will still need to have the .NET 1.1 Framework too.
It can be downloaded here. (23 MB file)
|Microsoft .NET 1.1 Framework Service Pack 1.
This is needed to apply updates to .NET 1.1 Framework
It can be downloaded here. (10 MB file)
|Documentation is provided in PDF format.
If you do not already have Adobe's PDF/Acrobat Reader installed you can download and install it here.
Version 1.3.29 (15 Jun 2010)
This can be used to take suitably named individual images and create one folder per entrant ready for loading into DiCentra
|DiCentra Organiser User Guide
.pdf format (15 Jun 2010)
Version 1.0.8 (7 Feb 2012)
If you are running print competitions with DiCentra this can be used to rotate, crop and adjust the tone of photos of the prints.
|Application Note: Multi-Judge Competitions
.pdf format (3 Nov 2008)
|Application Note: Installing DiCentra Updates on Non-Networked Machines
.pdf format (10 May 2009 )
|Click the button to: