DiCentra 4 - Projected Digital Competition Software
DiCentra 4 allows photographic societies and clubs to manage and run their digitally projected competitions. It provides for:
- Definition of competition rules
- Inter-club or internal club competitions
- Salon and exhibition selections
- Assembling images from different individuals and clubs
- Automated scoring and reporting of results
- Downloading images and uploading results from/to PhotoEntry (photoentry.uk)
- And much more ...
It is used by photographic clubs across the UK, salons and the PAGB and The Royal Photographic Society.
DiCentra 4 is now the only supported version of DiCentra and contains all the features of the earlier DiCentra version 3. It is a free upgrade for licensed users of version 3.
- Download the software
- Purchasing and costs
- DiCentra 4 features
- Computer requirements
- Keep informed of developments
- Uploading and downloading images for DiCentra competitions
- Other WilburImaging and third-party applications related to DiCentra
DiCentra 4 allows competition organisers and projectionists to manage their digitally projected competitions by:
- Defining competition rules - for example choosing:
- club, inter-club or open competitions
- maximum image size
- projection background colour
- required colour space
- scoring scheme
- file and folder naming
- Assembling images from CDs or memory sticks including:
- checking that entries conform to the rules
- correcting image sizes and file formats, if requested
- randomising entries for projection, if requested
- creating a printable blank score sheet
- Assisting with projection including:
- showing standard patterns for setting up the projector
- fully colour managed presentation of images in the selected order
- showing titles and optionally the author/club details
- adding marks, held back, certificate indications to images
- a light box view of selected images (e.g. held back) to allow selection of notable images
- slide show of selected images
- Providing reports:
- a log of all entries including any corrections made and any rejected images
- a blank score sheet for those who still like paper
- a printable report of the competition results and statistics
- a spreadsheet report of competition results and accumulation of these for season's results of club competitions.
DiCentra 4 scoring schemes include:
- any chosen marking range, e.g. 1- 10, 1-20, 6-15 etc.
- half marks and plus marks
- place marking (1st, 2nd etc)
- award of certificates and medals
DiCentra 4 runs on Windows 10, 8 and 8.1, Windows 7 or Windows Vista SP1.
Version 4.10.200 or earlier can be run on Windows XP SP3.
It also runs on Windows hosted on Bootcamp, Parallels or VMWare on Mac OS X.
DiCentra 4 costs £40 for photographic clubs and organisations.
The licence allows DiCentra 4 to be used for activities organised by that photographic club or organisation on one or more computers.
The software is available for download - see below. A CD can be provided at an additional charge of £8 (not available outside UK).
Purchase A Licence
DiCentra 4 (£40)
and/or PhotoEntry Extension (PEX) for DiCentra 4 (£8)
(To use PhotoEntry you will also need to purchase a PhotoEntry licence from https://photoentry.uk/)
DiCentra 4 Application (Web Package - 13 MB)
DiCentra 4 Application
(Standalone - 79 MB)
DiCentra 4 Application (Previous Version)
DiCentra 4 Application
(Standalone - 78 MB)
| Adobe Reader
Documentation is provided in PDF format.
If you do not already have Adobe's PDF/Acrobat Reader installed you can download and install it here.
A full list of applications that augment DiCentra's features can be found here. These include DiCentra Organiser applications, and various third party applications for managing competitions and a scoring machine.
| Application Note: Multi-Judge Competitions
.pdf format (3 Nov 2008)
|Click the button to: